City of Lincoln
2012 Media Releases
- November 21, 2012
- For More Information Contact:
- Carl Eskridge, 402-441-7515
Eskridge Announces Revisions in Replacement Process Schedule
Today City Council Chair Carl Eskridge announced two revisions to the schedule to appoint a new Council person. Eskridge said that when he learned that Council member Jon Camp would be unable to attend the December 17th Council meeting, he revised the schedule in order for the Council to vote at the December 10th Council meeting. He said that his decision was in response to Mr. Camp's request for a reconsideration of the schedule.
The revised time line for the replacement is:
- Any Lincoln resident interested in being considered for appointment to the Council can apply by sending an email and a resume to the City Council at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations will be accepted until 4 pm on Tuesday, November 27th at which time the names will be released to the public. (There is no change to this deadline.)
- Applications will be reviewed and each Council member and the Mayor will select one person for interviews. Council members will submit their choices to the Council Chair by 4 pm, Friday, November 30th, rather than December 4th, as was previously announced.
- Interviews with the nominated candidates will be held the first week of December. That week the public will also have an opportunity to meet and talk with candidates at an open house.
- After the interviews, the Council Chair and the Mayor will meet. Their nomination will be offered to the full City Council for a vote at the December 10th Council meeting.
"At this time we have received eight applications for this vacant position which will be filled upon the election of new at-large council members in May. We encourage any resident interested in serving your city in this capacity to submit an application," Eskridge concluded.