The Advisory Council is an advisory board to Aging Partners and its signatory member counties.
- to support and further the goals and mission of Aging Partners.
- to act as the advocate for older citizens of the eight-county area regarding their concerns, needs, problems and issues;
- to identify and define the most pressing needs and concerns of the areas older citizens;
- to assist in the development of effective plans to meet identified needs on a prioritized and continuing basis;
- to develop, or cause to be developed, needed services, programs, or efforts to meet those identified needs and concerns;
- to monitor and evaluate services and programs for older residents to ensure that service objectives are being set in concert with the identified needs and concerns and that those objectives are being met;
- to act as a sounding board for staff by providing review and input on new or revised initiatives, strategies and projects.
- The membership of the Advisory Council shall come from the current signatory members to Aging Partners as of July 1 each year. The membership is based in part on the proportional relationship of each county's age 60 and over population and shall be as follows:
- Each county shall be entitled to one representative.
- Additionally, each county shall be entitled to one additional representative for each group of 4,000 age 60 and over residents.
- Counties with less than 4,000 – 60 and over will have at least one additional representative.
- At least half of each county's representatives to the Advisory Council must be age 60 and over.
Appointment of representatives to the Aging Partners Advisory Council shall be the responsibility of each county's elected governing board. However, the representatives of the Primary County shall be appointed by the Mayor of the City of Lincoln with the concurrence of the Lincoln City Council. Current board members are:
- Tammy Burton-Fikar, Butler County
- Greg Janak, Butler County
- Linda Heinisch, Fillmore County
- Gloria Aron, Lancaster County
- Shari Busch, Lancaster County
- Dennis Buckley, Lancaster County
- Keith Larsen, Lancaster County
- Lee Kreimer, Lancaster County
- Jenika Long, Lancaster County
- John Wyvill, Lancaster County
- Vern Schulte, Lancaster County
- Michael L. Simonsen, Polk County
- Alan Gissler, Polk County
- Kathy Stokebrand, Saline County
- Susan Burkey, Seward County
- Fran Reinert, York County
Nebraska Area Agencies on Aging
View the coverage map.(PDF, 815KB)