City of Lincoln
2014 Media Releases
- May 22, 2014
- For More Information Contact:
- Angela Chestnut, Parks and Recreation, 402-441-7847
Use One Phone Number for Parks and Recreation
Those making phone calls to the City Parks and Recreation Department are now asked to use only the main office number at 402-441-7847. Many division phone numbers have been discontinued as part of the department's transition to an Internet-based phone system. Callers will be asked to choose among these options:
- select "1" for golf information
- select "2" for Pioneers Park Nature Center
- select "3" for youth and adult team sports or sports field reservations
- select "4" for aquatics
- select "5" for out-of-school supervised play programs or summer day camps
- select "6" for Special Olympics and therapeutic recreation programs
- select "0" for other reservations and all other divisions, including administration and forestry
The number to call for emergencies involving trees that require immediate assistance varies depending on the time and day.
- From 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays, call the main office number and select "0."
- On nights and weekends, call the Lincoln Police Department non-emergency number at 402-441-6000.
Non-emergency tree issues also can be reported online using the City's ACTION Center at lincoln.ne.gov. Click on the "Service Request" link in the blue "Citizen Action Center" box.
For more information on City Parks and Recreation, visit parks.lincoln.ne.gov.