1801 Q St (2nd Floor)
Lincoln, NE 68508
901 West Bond #200
LIncoln, NE 68521
901 West Bond #150
Lincoln, NE 68521
Station 1 was built in the middle 1960’s to house fire department administration and several response units. The response units have changed over the years, but this facility continues to house the most apparatus of any station in Lincoln. The fire department administration has grown from the 1960’s taking on more EMS and national search and rescue responsibilities. Today some administrative functions are located at the Municipal Services Center near the airport.
If you have an emergency, please call 911. If you need to schedule an event with this station please see our Schedule a Tour/Event tab on our home page.
If you have an emergency, please call 911.
Station #8 has been temporarily closed and a new station is under construction. Personnel for this station have been temporary moved to Station #1 at 1801 Q Street.
Construction was completed on station 11 and staffed moved in 2018. Prior to 2018, station 11 personnel responded from a Lincoln Airport Authority building located on the west ramp of the airport airfield. For many years prior to the 1990s, Lincoln Fire and Rescue personnel at station 11 provided aircraft fire and rescue services to the Lincoln Municipal Airport. Aircraft fire and rescue services are now provided by the Nebraska Air National Guard and supported by Lincoln Fire and Rescue.
Station 12 was replaced and relocated to its current location at 4405 s 84th in 2019. This station was built along with stations 10, 15, and 16 with funding from a tax increase approved by the citizens of Lincoln. Station 12 was located about a mile and a half north of its present location in a facility that looked and was constructed much like a single-family residence. The new facility provided the necessary improvements required of a modern-day fire station.
Station 13 is located on south Coddington in west Lincoln and was built in the same era as old station 12; thus, the station is very much like to old station 12 in physical construction and design. The station is located adjacent to a city park and appears to be a single-family residence from the exterior.
Station 14 was built in the mid-1990s to serve the growing northwest part of Lincoln. Some of the design features for this station followed the design concepts from stations 2 and 4 such as certain individual living spaces. Other features were new or improved upon from other design concepts such as drive-through apparatus bays and shared office space with the Lincoln Police Department.
Station 15 is joint police and fire facility. The Lincoln Police Department Southeast Team works and responds to calls for service from this facility along with staff for fire engine 15. There have been other joint ventures between police and fire over the history of Lincoln Fire and Rescue but this is the first facility where the two agencies have shared spaces and work towards a collaborative public safety effort.
Station 16 was the last of the four stations constructed with money received from a tax increase approved by the citizens of Lincoln. This station opened at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic by a fire company relocated from another station to create some social distance and prevent the transmission of the virus between fire department members. A few months later it was officially opened with fire engine 16.