Lincoln on the Move is investing in improvements to several streets in the Belmont Neighborhood. These improvements include a mill and overlay of the existing surface and base repairs where required. The following streets are included:
- Furnas Avenue from North 9th Street to North 14th Street
- North 9th Street from Nance Avenue to Adams Street
- North 10th Street from Adams Street to Judson Street
- Nelson Street from North 9th Street to North 14th Street
- Judson Street from North 12th Street to North 14th Street
- North 12th Street from Knox Street to Judson Street
- Lewis Avenue from Knox Street to Elba Avenue
- Manatt Street from North 11th Street to North 14th Street
Additional work with other funding sources includes upgrades to the existing curb ramps to comply with the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements and priority sidewalk repairs.
Watch: Before and After (0:13)
This project is programmed as a part of the commitment to voters to invest significant sales tax funds into improvement of existing streets. The project will be funded jointly from the Street Improvement Vehicle Tax – Residential Rehab fund (aka-Wheel Tax) and ¼ cent sales tax for street in accordance with ballot language.
The project began May 31, 2022 and is anticipated to be completed in December 2022, weather permitting.
Access During Construction
The roads will be closed to through traffic during construction. Access to individual properties will be maintained. The traveling public is encouraged to find alternative routes and to use the WAZE app for assistance.