This project will improve several streets in the Belmont Neighborhood through a mill and overlay of the existing surface and base repairs where required. Additional work will include pavement markings, upgrades to the existing curb ramps to comply with the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements, and priority sidewalk repairs.
The following streets are included:
- Furnas Avenue from N 9th Street to N 14th Street
- N 9th Street from Nance Avenue to Adams Street
- N 10th Street from Adams Street to Judson Street
- Nelson Street from N 9th Street to N 14th Street
- Judson Street from N 12th Street to N 14th Street
- N 12th Street from Knox Street to Judson Street
- Lewis Avenue from Knox Street to Elba Avenue
- Manatt Street from N 11th Street to N 14th Street
This project is programmed as a part of the commitment to voters to invest significant sales tax funds into improvement of existing streets. The project will be funded jointly from the Street Improvement Vehicle Tax – Residential Rehab fund (aka-Wheel Tax) and ¼ cent sales tax for street in accordance with ballot language. Until more detailed information is known, the total project estimate and funding split is an assumption.
The project began May 31, 2022 and is anticipated to be completed in December 2022, weather permitting.
Access During Construction
The roads will be closed to through traffic during construction. Access to individual properties will be maintained. The traveling public is encouraged to find alternative routes and to use the WAZE app for assistance.