Lincoln on the Move invested in improvements to several streets in the Havelock Neighborhood. These improvements included a mill and overlay of the existing surface and base repairs where required. The following streets were included:
- North 57th Street from Greenwood to Hartley streets
- Greenwood Street from North 56th to North 60th streets
- Hartley Street from North 56th to North 66th streets
- North 62nd Street from Judson to Fremont streets
- Gladstone Street from North 65th to North 68th streets
- Willow Avenue from North 68th to North 70th streets
Additional work with other funding sources included upgrades to the existing curb ramps to comply with the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements and priority sidewalk repairs.
This project was coordinated with a construction package that included the arterial street of 70th Street from Colfax to Havelock avenues.
This project was programmed as a part of the commitment to voters to invest significant sales tax funds into improvement of existing streets. The project was funded jointly from the Street Improvement Vehicle Tax – Residential Rehab fund (aka-Wheel Tax) and ¼ cent sales tax for street in accordance with ballot language.
Construction began in August 2020 and was completed in October 2020.