Summer Job Fair 2023
Next date: Saturday, March 25, 2023 | 01:00 PM
to 04:00 PM
Looking for a summer job?
Lincoln Parks and Recreation are hosting two walk-in hiring job fairsThese fairs will be a one-stop shop that FUNdamental summer job. Applicants can chat with staff about different positions, be interviewed on the spot, use provided computers to complete their application online, and potentially leave with a conditional offer in hand.
To view the positions available, visit lincoln.ne.gov/summerjobs.
Jobs are available for those as young as age 16 at parks, pools, day camps, golf courses and more. Most positions require applicants to be 18, though some are 16!
The city is looking for about 250 lifeguards for the 2023 pool season. Recreation centers are hiring immediately for part-time recreation leaders and assistants, parks laborers, and concessions for team sporting events. Those attending the hiring fairs will be able to talk to Parks staff, complete an application and interview at each location. Attendees do not need to bring a resume.
The hiring fair schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, March 25, 1 to 4 p.m. – “F” Street Community Center, 1225 “F” St.
- Thursday, March 30, 2 to 6 p.m. – Muny Building, 2100 “M” St.
Seasonal positions will remain posted until filled.
Summer full- and part-time positions include:
- Head lifeguards and lifeguards
- Swim lesson staff
- Youth competitive swim/dive league staff
- Cashier/concession workers at pools and team sports
- Recreation leaders, assistants, and instructors
- Van drivers
- Adaptive recreation staff
- Special Olympics coaches
- Outdoor educators
Parks, trails, golf courses, and prairies
- Laborers in parks, ballfields, golf courses, and public gardens
- Land management and natural resources
Once an account is created, those interested in seasonal and permanent positions with the City and Lancaster County are encouraged to sign up for the "e-notification" service, which allows participants to receive emails when jobs are available that match pre-selected categories. Individuals can sign up at jobs.lincoln.ne.gov and select "E-Notification" from the menu bar.
Computers and application assistance are available Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and after hours by appointment at the Human Resources Department, room 4401, fourth floor of the Hall of Justice, 575 S. 10th St. For more information about City and County employment, call the Human Resources Department at 402-441-7597 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, March 25, 2023 | 01:00 PM
- 04:00 PM
Thursday, March 30, 2023 | 02:00 PM
- 06:00 PM
• The first job fair will take place on Saturday, March 25 from 1 to 4 PM at the F Street Community Center at 13th and F Streets.
• The second job fair will be on Thursday, March 30 from 2 to 6 PM at the Muny Building at 308 South 21st Street in the Telegraph District.
3131 O Street, Suite 300, 68510, View Map
3131 O Street, Suite 300 ,
3131 O Street, Suite 300 ,