Food Truck Parking Meter Hoods
Starting May 30, 2023, food trucks may operate in Downtown Lincoln at certain metered parallel parking stalls.
Parking Meter Hood Guidelines for Food Trucks
Before requesting a meter hood, please review these guidelines to ensure compliance with the City of Lincoln's food vendor ordinances.
- Food trucks can only park in parallel stalls. No angled parking.
- Food trucks cannot park on state highways. This eliminates "O" Street and 10th Street.
- Food trucks cannot park within 300 feet of an existing restaurant.
- Parking Services is required, by ordinance, to give the public a minimum 24-hour notice. Therefore, we ask for a two-day minimum to review this application and place the meter hood. Meter hoods requested less than two business days in advance will not be approved.
- Parking stalls are 22 feet long. Food trucks must fit completely in the parking space. If not, more than one stall must be rented.
- Food trucks cannot park on the left side of a one-way street into on-coming traffic.
- Parking Services is unable to relocate or change meter hoods once payment has been processed. No refunds will be issued.
Food Truck Permit & Meter Hood Application
After obtaining your Food Truck permit through the City Clerk's Office, reserve your meter hoods by completing the <a class="openforms-embed" href="https://us.openforms.com/Form/22650eb0-b2f2-4798-a962-462a8aee2fc2">Click here to view form.</a><script src="https://us.openforms.com/Scripts/embed-iframe.js"></script>
(emailing a completed Food Truck Parking Meter Hooding Application(PDF, 56KB) to firstname.lastname@example.org.) We will contact you by the next business day with approval and to accept payment. Parking administration is working on making this form easier. Stay tuned for changes in the coming weeks. For any questions or concerns about the application or meter hoods, please contact our office at 402-441-PARK between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Food Truck Parking Map
Use this parking map to view legal food truck parking spaces around Lincoln. Toggle through options in the "layers" icon to view restaurant locations, space opportunities, zoning, etc. There are non-metered spaces and metered spaces. We can reserve metered spaces with hoods, but non-metered spaces can be utilized by food trucks subject to availability and depending on parking time restrictions. Please follow posted signage.