Numerous Streets to Temporarily Close May 2 for Marathons
Published on April 30, 2021
Residents are reminded that numerous streets throughout Lincoln will temporarily close Sunday, May 2 for the Lincoln Marathon and Half Marathon. More than 4,500 in-person and virtual runners will participate in the races, which begin at 6:55 a.m. at 14th and Vine streets and end at Ed Weir Stadium on the UNL City Campus. The route and pandemic protocols are available at lincolnmarathon.org.
The Lincoln Police Department will control intersections along the race route. The public is advised to be prepared for traffic delays along the route. Spectators are not allowed at the starting and finish lines this year. Spectators along the route are urged to practice social distancing and follow all directed health measures.
Closures from 7 to 11 a.m. include:
- North 14th Street between “W” and Vine streets – full closure
- Vine Street between North 14th and North 16th streets – full closure
- 16th Street between Vine and South streets – full closure
- South Street between South 16th Street and Sheridan Boulevard – eastbound closure only
- Sheridan Boulevard between South and Calvert streets – eastbound closure only
- Calvert Street between Sheridan Boulevard and South 48th Street – eastbound closure only
- South 48th Street between Calvert Street and Highway 2 – full closure
- South 27th Street between Highway 2 and Woods Boulevard – full closure
- South 20th Street between Highway 2 and Harrison Avenue – full closure
- Harrison Avenue between South 20th to South 10th streets – full closure
- 10th Street between Harrison Avenue and Stadium Drive – northbound one-lane closure
Closures from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. include:
- Salt Creek Roadway between Stadium Drive and North 14th streets – eastbound one lane closure
- Capitol Parkway between “J” and “A” streets – eastbound one lane closure
- Normal Boulevard between “A” and South 56th streets – eastbound one lane closure
- Normal Boulevard between South 56th and Van Dorn streets – eastbound full closure
Access to Holmes Lake Park will be limited between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m.
For more information on the 44th Annual Lincoln Marathon, Half Marathon and Mayor’s Run, visit lincoln.marathon.org.