City Announces Snowplow Naming Contest Winners
Published on December 07, 2023
Lincoln Transportation and Utilities (LTU) today announced the winning names for the Name That Snowplow contest. Decals with the winning names will be placed on eight snowplows and residents should expect to see them in service in early February.
“We are excited to announce the eight winning names from the City’s Name That Snowplow winter contest.” said Liz Elliott, LTU Director. “The creativity of the submitted names reflects the vibrant spirit of our community. The level of excitement and participation from the public has truly warmed our hearts.”
The winning names in order of vote totals are as follows:
- Clearopathra – submitted by Jen Nevaril, 1,273 votes
- Scoop Dogg – submitted by Mark Lamoree, 1,101 votes
- PlowyMcPlowface – submitted by Matt Schock, 968 votes
- Darth Blader – submitted by Jaime Mayer, 808 votes
- Austin Plowers – submitted by Olivia DeLancey, 668 votes
- Truck Norris – submitted by Christina Tran, 663 votes
- AntiSnowcial – submitted by Angel Gunn, 586 votes
- Snow Big Red – submitted by Candie Vanourney, 579 votes
To see how the 2,369 participants voted for the 25 finalists, visit lincoln.ne.gov/NameThatSnowplow.
“Our Winter Operations team is grateful for the continued support of the Lincoln community,” said Tim Byrne, LTU Maintenance Operations and Fleet Services Manager. “The Name That Snowplow contest has been a great way for the Lincoln community to connect with our snowfighters and the work they do. We look forward to seeing these winning names on our City snowplows.”
LTU invited residents to submit creative ideas for snowplow names in October. LTU Operations and Maintenance team members selected 25 finalists from 1,739 snowplow name submissions.