Investigative Procedures

Concerned about your living conditions? Or that of a family member or friend? There are multiple methods to report potential housing code violations.


Call the Building and Safety main phone line (402-441-7521). Please be prepared to provide the street address of the property and a detailed description of the conditions that you are concerned about.


Use UPLNK, Lincoln's online/mobile platform for reporting non-emergency quality of life issues.

  1. Contact your landlord or property manager.
  2. Call Building & Safety at 402-441-7521 if no action is taken from your landlord or property manager.
  3. A City Housing Inspector will visit your home.
  4. Inspector will determine if a violation exists.

For more information about inspection checklists please see the Rentals Inspection Checklist portion of our Apartment Licenses page.

Apartment Licenses