This project will improve several streets in the Clinton Neighborhood through a mill and overlay of the existing surface and base repairs where required. Additional work will include pavement markings, upgrades to the existing curb ramps to comply with the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements, and priority sidewalk repairs.
The following streets are included:
- Hitchcock Street from N 28th Street to N 33rd Street
- Potter Street from N 27th Street to N 33rd Street
- N 31st Street from Holdrege Street to Leighton Avenue
- N 28th Street from Holdrege Street to Potter Street
- Clinton Street from N 27th Street to Alley
- Fair Street from N 27th Street to N 33rd Street
This project is programmed as a part of the commitment to voters to invest significant sales tax funds into improvement of existing streets. The project will be funded jointly from the Street Improvement Vehicle Tax – Residential Rehab fund (aka-Wheel Tax) and ¼ cent sales tax for street in accordance with ballot language. Until more detailed information is known, the total project estimate and funding split is an assumption.
This project began in May 2022 and is anticipated to be completed in October 2022.
Access During Construction
The roads will be closed to through traffic for the duration of construction. Access to individual properties will be maintained. The traveling public is encouraged to find alternative routes and to use the WAZE app for assistance.