Lincoln on the Move invested in improvements to several streets in the Clinton Neighborhood. These improvements included a mill and overlay of the existing surface and base repairs where required. The following streets were included:
- Hitchcock Street from North 28th to North 33rd streets
- Potter Street from North 27th to North 33rd streets
- North 31st Street from Holdrege Street to Leighton Avenue
- North 28th Street from Holdrege to Potter streets
- Clinton Street from North 27th Street to Alley
- Fair Street from North 27th to North 33rd streets
Additional work with other funding sources included upgrades to the existing curb ramps to comply with the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements and priority sidewalk repairs.
Watch: Before and After (0:13)
This project was programmed as a part of the commitment to voters to invest significant sales tax funds into improvement of existing streets. The project will be funded jointly from the Street Improvement Vehicle Tax – Residential Rehab fund (aka-Wheel Tax) and ¼ cent sales tax for street in accordance with ballot language.
Construction took place in 2022.