Lincoln’s snowplows are primed and ready to keep our community safe this winter season. There’s only one thing missing. Each snowplow needs a name! Voting took place November 22 through December 6 to determine the top eight snowplow names. Winners will be announced on Thursday, December 7!
Tuesday, October 24 to Sunday, November 12
- Snowplow names were submitted by the community
- LTU Snowfighters reviewed and selected their top 25 names submitted.
Wednesday, November 22
- The top 25 snowplow names were announced
Wednesday, November 22 to Wednesday, December 6
- Voting took place
Thursday, December 7
- The top eight snowplow names with the most votes will be announced
- Snowplow name submissions must be 15 characters or less (includes spaces) to fit on trucks.
- The name cannot include your name.
- No profanity or inappropriate language.
- If multiple people submit the same name, the person who submits the name first will be selected.
- Employees and family members of the City of Lincoln are excluded from participation in the contest.
- Names or words protected by copyright or trademark will not be accepted.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to the City of Lincoln using your submitted entry in a public and official capacity.
- Names of the winning participants will be shared in a news release, City of Lincoln website, and on City of Lincoln social media sites.
- If your snowplow name is selected, you will be notified via phone or email. Winners will receive free swag from Lincoln Transportation and Utilities.
For more information, contact Erika Hill, Lincoln Transportation and Utilities Communications division at firstname.lastname@example.org.