Dear City of Lincoln Property Owner:
We are happy to announce a Lead Hazard Control Grant Program is now available to property owners in the City of Lincoln! Children exposed to lead could have irreversible adverse health effects. This program eliminates and stabilizes lead-based paint hazards and other lead related hazards for single-family and multi-family residences. This includes both interior and exterior lead-paint hazards.
Assistance is provided to qualified homeowners and landlords in the form of a grant.
The following eligibility requirements apply:
- Property must have been built before 1978.
- Identifiable lead hazards must be present (we will do the testing).
- Owner-Occupied properties must have a child that is the age of 5 years or younger living in or visiting the home for at least 6 hours per week.
- Owner-Occupied households must meet income guidelines of 80% of area median income (AMI) (See enclosed brochure).
- Rental Unit applications must be submitted by the property owner; however, the income of the tenants must meet the income eligibility guidelines, not the landlord. At least 50% of the units must be less than 50% AMI and remaining units must be less than 80% AMI. If the property has greater than 5 units, then 20% of the total number of units may exceed 80% AMI with the remaining units meeting the previously stated requirements.
- Owner must be current on property taxes and mortgage payments.
- Property must not have deteriorated beyond economic repair as determined by the Lead Hazard Control Program Manager.
- The property must be located in the target area of the Lead Hazard Control Grant Program (see brochures below).
After receiving your application and finding that you meet the eligibility requirements, we will schedule an initial home visit with you to do a lead-based paint risk assessment on the home. If lead hazards are found, we will develop a project plan to address the lead hazards. This could include, for example, new windows and doors, paint, siding, gutters and soil remediation.
If we can help you make your property safer by eliminating lead hazards, please call us today at 402-441-7808 to see if you qualify!
LANDLORD / TENANT Application(PDF, 505KB) OWNER-OCCUPANTS Application(PDF, 494KB)
Map Directions (see below):
To determine if your home or property is in an approved area enter your address in the top right search bar and press enter.
If the address (exp. 555 S 10th St, Lincoln Ne) is in the blue area, then your property may qualify for support.
If the property is outside of the blue area, but a child under the age of six years (living in or routinely visits) has an elevated blood lead level, please contact us to determine if support is possible.
|As of 06/15/2022
|Size of Household