Besides Lincoln Body Art Establishment and Lincoln Body Art Practitioner permits, other regulations are enforced:
- Body Art Establishments shall meet minimum sanitation requirements to stay open. There must be a minimum of 45 sq. ft. per station.
- Establishment work station and equipment must be smooth, washable, and in good repair. At least 1 handwash sink per 3 work stations, equipment sink, and a mopsink are required as well as a restroom with handwash sink.
- Autoclaves must have operation manuals, be kept clean, have a current use log, be tested every 30 days or less with a biological indicator and lab verification.
- Instruments must be sterilized and stored in seal packs that are not torn and are sealed tightly. Expiration dates shall applied to sterilized instruments and not exceed 90 days.
- Customer records shall be complete and kept on site for the current permit year June to June. Records of 2-5 years prior shall be retained but may be stored off site if space is limited.
- Consent Forms, Risk statements, Description of procedure, and Aftercare shall be approved before opening inspection.
- Proper glove use is strictly enforced as well as proper sharps disposal.
- A Body Art Establishment may not have a direct opening to a living quarters, food, liquor, or tobacco establishments.
This is a broad overview; you are responsible for the details in LMC 8.08.