City of Lincoln
2012 Media Releases
- August 10, 2012
- For More Information Contact:
- Devin Biesecker, Engineering Services, 402-937-5515
Roundabouts, Roadways to Open Monday
Lincoln motorists will have more traffic options available for their Monday evening commute with three road improvement projects nearing completion:
- The multi-lane roundabout at 14th and Superior will be open to all traffic.
- The roundabout intersection at 14th and Alvo Road will be open with access through the intersection available from the east, west and north. 14th Street south from Alvo Road to Julesburgh will remain closed for about three weeks. Motorists and pedestrians will have access to Kooser Elementary School off of 14th Street at Julesburgh. Additional temporary lane closures will be needed periodically to complete tasks outside of the roadway.
- Fletcher Street and the new interstate bridge will be open allowing motorists to travel the roadway from 27th Street to 1st Street.
The roundabouts and roadways are expected to be open to traffic following the morning rush hour Monday.
More information on City street construction projects and roundabouts is available at lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: projects).