This project improved several streets in the Zeman Elementary Neighborhood through a mill and overlay of the existing surface and base repairs where required. Additional work included pavement markings, upgrades to the existing curb ramps to comply with the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements, and priority sidewalk repairs.
The following streets were included:
- Claire Avenue, S 48th Street to S 53rd Street
- S 52nd Street, Boeckner Avenue to LaSalle Street
- S 53rd Street, Boeckner Avenue to Claire Avenue
- Boeckner Avenue, S 49th Street to S 53rd Street
- S 49th Street, Boeckner Avenue to Woodland Avenue
New curb ramps installed
This project was part of the construction package that includes the arterial streets of S. 40th from Highway 2 to Clifford.
Download Construction Notice(PDF, 475KB)
This project was programmed as a part of the commitment to voters to invest significant sales tax funds into improvement of existing streets. The project was funded jointly from the Street Improvement Vehicle Tax – Residential Rehab fund (aka-Wheel Tax) and ¼ cent sales tax for street in accordance with ballot language.
Constrution began in June 2020 and was completed in August 2020.