Lincoln on the Move invested in improvements to several streets in the Zeman Elementary Neighborhood. These improvements included a mill and overlay of the existing surface and base repairs where required. The following streets were included:
- Claire Avenue from South 48th to South 53rd streets
- South 52nd Street from Boeckner Avenue to LaSalle Street
- South 53rd Street from Boeckner to Claire avenues
- Boeckner Avenue from South 49th to South 53rd streets
- South 49th Street from Boeckner to Woodland avenues
Additional work with other funding sources included upgrades to the existing curb ramps to comply with the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements and priority sidewalk repairs.
New curb ramps installed
This project was part of the construction package that included the arterial streets of South 40th Street from Highway 2 to Clifford Drive.
Download Construction Notice(PDF, 475KB)
This project was programmed as a part of the commitment to voters to invest significant sales tax funds into improvement of existing streets. The project was funded jointly from the Street Improvement Vehicle Tax – Residential Rehab fund (aka-Wheel Tax) and ¼ cent sales tax for street in accordance with ballot language.
Constrution began in June 2020 and was completed in August 2020.