Holdrege from 47th to 70th Street Rehabilitation Project
Purpose and Need
The purpose of this project is to preserve the transportation asset, improve the reliability of Lincoln’s transportation system, and ensure the mobility of the traveling public. The need for this proposed project is based on the condition of the existing pavement.
Scope of Work
This proposed project would rehabilitate the pavement along Holdrege Street from 47th to 70th streets, not including the intersections of 56th Street or Cotner Blvd. The proposed improvements would:
Improve roadway conditions, as necessitated by the current pavement age and condition;
Widen Holdrege Street between 67th and 70th streets by one foot, per Nebraska Board of Public Roads Classifications and Standards; and
Bring the project area’s curb ramps into compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Project Work Area
- 48th to 56th Phase Detour
- 56th to Cotner Phase Detour
- Cotner to 70th Phase Detour
Preliminary Plan Not Final – Subject to Change
Pavement Rehabilitation Plan
The project would be completed in segments, starting at 48th Street and progressing to 70th Street. The work from 47th to 50th streets and 50th to 56th streets would be completed concurrently.
|Location||Type of Work||Anticipated Traffic Impact|
|47th to 50th||
|50th to 56th||
||56th to Cotner
||Cotner to 70th
Access During Construction
- Access to area businesses would be maintained at all times.
- Properties with multiple entrances would have one entrance open at all times unless otherwise agreed to with the property owner.
- Message signs would be used for advance notification of all closures, including those at minor intersections. No full closures of key intersections along Holdrege (48th, 56th, Cotner, or 70th) are anticipated.
- City of Lincoln Bus Route 42 would be detoured, as necessary, with detour information available at startran.lincoln.ne.gov/routemap/detour.htm, in the StarTran - BUSLNK Mobile App, and through notifications on buses.
Acquisition of right-of-way is not anticipated for this project.
University of Nebraska – Lincoln’s East Campus, a city trail, and Ecco Park are located within the vicinity of the proposed project; no impacts are anticipated.
Construction is tentatively planned to occur in spring and summer 2020 and completed in fall 2020. The detours required during the construction between 56th Street to Cotner Blvd. and then Cotner Blvd. to 70th Street are expected to last no more than a total of 135 working days. A pre-construction meeting would be held in early spring 2020 to provide a more detailed project schedule.
Please contact the City of Lincoln with any questions, comments, or concerns you would like to share regarding the proposed project.