City of Lincoln
2018 Media Releases
- April 13, 2018
- For More Information Contact:
- Diane Gonzolas, City Communications, 402-441-7831
- Holley Salmi, PWU Communications and Public Affairs, 402-441-7537
Lincoln Welcomes Spring Game Visitors
The City of Lincoln is providing accommodations similar to those offered during the regular Husker football season to fans attending the sold-out Nebraska spring football game April 21.
To avoid game day traffic and parking challenges, officials recommend the following:
- For maps and street construction information, visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: closure) or use the Waze mobile app.
- Plan ahead for parking.
- Remember, the University of Nebraska has implemented a clear bag policy to enter Memorial Stadium. For more information, visit huskers.com and select "Fan Zone."
- Use StarTran's Big Red Express (startran.lincoln.ne.gov).
The Big Red Express shuttle service will pick up and drop off at two locations:
- South side of SouthPointe Pavilions, 27th and Pine Lake Road. SouthPointe buses will unload and load near the stadium on "R" Street between 13th and 14th streets.
- North Star High School, 5801 N. 33rd Street. North Star buses will unload and load near the stadium on 14th Street between "W" and Vine streets.
Big Red Express service begins two hours before kick-off, and the last buses leave 45 minutes before kickoff. Buses return to the lots immediately after the game. Cost is $5 each way or $10 round-trip, and exact change is required. For route and schedule information, visit startran.lincoln.ne.gov or call 402-476-1234.
Reserved, pre-paid parking is available for the spring game at City garages (those with the "Park & Go" signs). Visit parkandgo.org to find locations and rates and to reserve parking. Downtown parking meters are enforced Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The latest information on street closures, construction, traffic jams and crashes is available by using Waze, a free, crowdsourced traffic and navigation application. The State of Nebraska also uses Waze to provide traffic information on State roads. Drivers should focus first on driving safely and designate a passenger to operate online navigation tools whenever possible. To download the free Waze app, visit waze.com/get or search for "Waze" in your mobile app store.
Fans driving to the stadium should plan ahead and keep in mind the following information:
- Interstate 80 exits at I-180/Downtown and 27th Street can be congested. Visitors are encouraged to use other routes into Lincoln.
- Stadium Drive west of the stadium will be closed to all vehicular traffic. Passenger drop-off and pick-up will not be allowed in front of the Stadium before or after the game. Fans can be dropped off and picked up at 10th and Charleston streets and 12th and "R" streets.
- 10th Street from Sun Valley Blvd. to Military Rd. (the 10th Street bridge over Salt Creek) is closed.
- 17th Street from "Q" to Vine streets (on the UNL City Campus) remains closed after the demolition of the Cather-Pound residence hall.