City of Lincoln
2018 Media Releases
- September 21, 2018
- For More Information Contact:
- Holley Salmi, Communications and Public Affairs, 402-441-7537
Portion of Rokeby Road to Close Monday
Starting Monday, September 24, Rokeby Road from S. 70th to S. 84th streets will close to through traffic for a paving and safety improvement project. Construction is expected to be completed in the fall of 2019. Two-way traffic on S. 70th and S. 84th streets will be maintained through 2018, and local access to neighborhoods and residences will be maintained at all times.
The improvements include the following:
- Crews will grade and pave Rokeby Road from S. 70th to Carpathian Lane. Between Carpathian Lane and S. 84th Street, crews will grade and lay new rock.
- Turn lanes will be added at the S. 70th Street and Rokeby Road intersection.
- Roundabouts will be built at the intersections of Rokeby Road with S. 73rd and S. 75th streets to improve safety and mobility.
- The storm sewer system will be improved to enhance drainage.
- ADA-accessible sidewalks will be built.
- Street lights will be upgraded to LED fixtures.
The new street is designed to accommodate the potential for widening to four lanes in the future to support traffic and residential growth.
For more information about the improvement project, visit lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: Rokeby) or contact Mark Miller, Public Works and Utilities, at 402-416-5348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current information on street closures is available at lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: closure) or through the Waze mobile app.