A wide variety of options are available to older adults seeking retirement housing. Many diverse choices are available including special needs and subsidized housing for those who qualify.
View the listing of Nursing Facilities.
Aging Partners Home Handyman Program
Do you need help with home maintenance and minor repairs?
Aging Partners Home Handyman Program can help. Our Handymen are typically retired workers who have learned home repair from many years of personal experience. Below is a partial list of some of the home maintenance and repair services available:
- Electrical repairs
- Gutter cleaning
- Heavy housework
- Mowing and yard work
- Plumbing repairs
- Safe home environment
- Window and screen repairs
While Home Handyman can take on many more projects than those listed above, it must be noted that they do not undertake large projects such as roofing, remodeling, flooring, HVAC or large painting jobs.
How Do I Qualify?
- You must be at least age 60 and own and live in the home for which the work is requested. (Some exceptions.)
- Payment is based on a sliding fee scale. Financial information is required only when requesting a reduced payment rate.
- Estimates and recommendations are free. The estimate fee is included in your fee only if you choose to have Home Handyman do the work.
- An easy-to-complete application is required to begin service. Assistance is available upon request.
Why do we provide this service?
Our mission is to support older adults' choice to live independently and retain home ownership. We do this by providing assistance with necessary home maintenance and minor repair services.
This program has been providing services to the community for over 40 years.
Call Aging Partners Home Handyman Program at: 402-441-7030
Office hours: Weekdays, 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3:30 p.m.
Voicemail is available after 3:30 p.m. and on holidays.