Welcome to the Waste Management Section
The Waste Management Section is part of the Environmental Public Health Division of the Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD). We work to protect human health and the environment by:
- reducing exposures to hazardous materials;
- assuring proper management and disposal of Special Wastes;
- preventing hazardous waste from being illegally disposed of in the Bluff Road Landfill;
- reducing litter;
- preventing illness and disease caused by improper waste management;
- preventing damage to the environment by improper waste management.
Our staff works with residents, homeowners, contractors, businesses, community/non-profit organizations, and neighborhood associations within Lancaster County to achieve the mission of the LLCHD to protect and promote the public’s health. Please visit our program pages for additional information.