Transportation Improvement Program

The Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is an intermediate range planning document that reflects the transportation expenditures that are planned to be spent over the next four years. Project details are provided, such as project description, cost, funding source, and funding year. The TIP contains information on a wide array of transportation projects including pedestrian and bicycle facilities; trails projects; transit improvements and operations; transportation related planning studies; Airport Authority and Railroad Transportation Safety District activities; state, county and city road improvements; among others. TIP projects can be viewed in the map and documents below.

Proposed Program



The Project Prioritization and Selection Process(PDF, 125KB) guides the Lincoln Metropolitan Planning Organization in coordinating priorities and programming transportation projects for the metropolitan area. This process brings the Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) and Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) together during the annual review to ensure community goals and needs are met.

Guidelines for Modifying the Transportation Improvement Program(PDF, 103KB)  have been established by the Lincoln Metropolitan Planning Organization. Revisions occur between annual updates to add, modify or delete individual projects. According to Federal regulations (23 CFR 450.326), revisions to the TIP can be made through formal amendments or administrative modifications.

Group Project Listings(PDF, 147KB)  are projects grouped by function, work type, and/or geographic area which are consistent with the exempt project classifications contained under Federal regulations (23 CFR 450.324 (f)). Listings of Grouped Projects are combined within a single project category having a similar scope and listed in the TIP Appendix.

Current and Previous Years' Programs