Time to Prepare!
Lincoln Police Department has completed the current hiring cycle. We are not currently accepting applications. New dates for testing and acceptance of applications will be posted as soon as they are available. Electronic notification is also a quick & easy option through City of Lincoln's Human Resources.
Until then, you can prepare for the process by brushing up on basic adult education (reading comprehension, math, spelling, grammar). If you don't already exercise, now is the time to start a progressive training program so you can be physically prepared to complete all of the required events.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- United States Citizen
- No Felony or Domestic Assault convictions
- Valid Driver's License
- Age: 21
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Mile and a half run - under 16 minutes, 28 seconds
- Vertical jump - 16" above your highest reach
- Sit-ups - 28 in 60 seconds
- Push-ups - 21, not timed
- 120 yard shuttle run - 29 seconds