York County Aging ServicesShow Map
- 2325 Nebraska Ave., York, Nebraska 68467
- Operating Hours
- Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Closed on recognized County holidays and inclement weather.
York Area Senior CenterShow Map
- 725 Nebraska Ave, York, NE 68467
- Operating Hours
- Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
McCool Junction (Senior Meal Site Only)Show Map
- 323 East "M" St., McCool Junction, NE 68401
- Operating Hours
- Wednesdays and Fridays, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
York Leisure Home (Senior Meal Site Only)Show Map
- 215 Lincoln Ave., York NE 68467
- Operating Hours
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
York County Aging Services is jointly sponsored by the York County Board of Commissioners and Aging Partners. Funding is made available through contributions for services; donations; and County, State and Federal government.
All activities and services of the York County Aging Services Program are provided without regard to race, color, creed, national origin or disability.
Annual County Board Report
View the most recent Annual County Board Report
Nutritious noon meals served in a group setting are available in three locations in York County:
- York Senior Center serves meals Monday through Friday. Hot meals are served every Wednesday and Friday and on the first Monday of the month. An evening hot meal is served in lieu of a noon meal on the 3rd Monday. For all hot meals, reservations may be made by calling 402-362-7626 by noon one working day prior to the meal. A soup and salad bar is offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and on the 2nd and 4th Mondays. Reservations are not necessary for the Soup and Salad Bar. Pot lucks are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday and a Fundraiser is generally held on the 3rd Thursday.
- York Leisure Home serves a hot meal on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Reservations need to be made by noon the day prior to the meal and may be made by calling 402-362-5900.
- McCool Junction Senior serves a hot "homemade style" meal on Wednesdays and Fridays. Reservations need to be made by 8 a.m. Tuesday morning for both meals and may be made by calling 402-724-2542.
Meals are offered for a suggested contribution for eligible diners at all York sites. Eligible diners are those who are age 60 and over, the spouse of a diner that is age 60 years and over, a dependent adult child living with a diner age 60 and over and disabled diners who live in an apartment where there is a senior nutrition program meal site (such as the Leisure Home in York). Non-eligible diners are welcome to join us for a meal, however they will pay full price for the meal (contact site for price).
Through a contract brokered with Mom's Meals, home delivered meals are offered for a suggested contribution. These meals are available to qualifying senior residents who reside within York County. Call York County Aging Services for more information.
Medicare and Insurance Information
Persons with questions about Medicare, Medicaid and supplemental insurance can receive help from trained volunteers through the Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP). For an appointment with a SHIIP counselor, please call us at 402-362-7626.
Care Management Services
This program's care manager is trained to help older adults through difficult situations by providing a professional assessment of need and through available resources, those involved can make wise decisions. Following the assessment, the care manager will:
- Explain available services and all possible options.
- Make arrangements and help plan how to make best use of community resources.
- Help make arrangements to get services started.
- Continue to work with the client to make sure the plan is working.
- The fee for Care Management is based on the client's income.
This program will assist in arranging in-home services for persons age 60 and over who may need help with: cleaning, cooking, laundry, shopping and errands, yard work, minor home repairs, snow removal, personal care tasks and respite care.
Match-ups are made with independent contractors in the community, or referrals made to appropriate agencies that provide the needed services. The costs for these services are paid by the client. Low income persons may qualify for assistance in paying for needed services.
These services are provided by York County Public Transportation. Vehicles equipped with a wheelchair lift are available with advance notice.
- In-City Limits: $2 or 1 punch per boarding – service in and around the city of York will be available Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. To increase efficiency, trips to and from some parts of the city may be limited to one time per day or certain times of the day.
- In-County: $4 or 2 punches per boarding – service to and from rural areas of York County to the City of York or to other rural areas within York County will be provided with 24 hours' notice and as drivers are available.
- Out-of-County: $6 or 3 punches per boarding – out of county service is provided on Thursdays. Contact the office for currently scheduled trips. Trips may be cancelled if there is not enough interest on a specific day.
All stops must be pre-scheduled through York County Aging Services. There is a $2 charge or 1 punch per additional stop.
Passengers who find the cost of a full fare a barrier to using the system may apply for reduced rate tickets. Cost of reduced rate tickets are based on an individual's income as compared to current poverty rates. To apply for reduced rate tickets, passengers will need to contact the York County Aging Services Office and complete a Fee Determination Form.
The following holidays will be observed with limited service provided: Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, Arbor Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day and the day after Thanksgiving. No service will be provided on New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day.
Reservations can be made during normal office hour by calling 402-362-7626 or you can call after hours by using our voice mail messaging system.