Updated information November 9, 2020
Stay at home unless traveling for work, school, medical care or food!
For more information about other Community Guidance and Recommendations from the Lincoln-Lancaster County department, visit COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov
Here are the answers to our most common questions about Parks services during the COVID-19 pandemic:
Are the parks and trails open?
Yes! Individual outdoor activities such as walking, biking, etc. are acceptable.
- Maintain physical distance while enjoying our park spaces.
- Restrooms and drinking fountains in parks and along trails are closed. Restrooms at Holmes Lake Park and Pioneers Park are being opened during weekends only.
- Take trash out of the park if possible, and dispose of it properly in a nearby trash bin or at home.
- Use hand sanitizer when playing or using "high touch" areas including playground structures, swings, picnic tables, and adult exercise equipment because they are not sanitized.
What about recreation and volunteering programs?
All in-person programming is cancelled until further notice except for structured youth programs and CLC programming at some of our centers. All volunteer programs have been cancelled until further notice.
Can I still golf at the municipal golf courses?
Yes, as weather permits. Touchless golf will continue. Seating in food and beverage areas will be limited to 25% of capacity and tables will be limited to groups of no more than for people.
Lincoln Municipal Golf courses and driving ranges remain open with limits on the numbers of players allowed. For all the changes to golf operations, visit lincolncitygolf.org/coronavirus/.
Dogs and Dog Runs
- Dogs must remain on leashes unless they are inside enclosed dog runs.
- Dog waste must be picked up by the owner.
- Dogs are not allowed within the Pioneers Park Nature Center including trails.
The four dog runs remain open:
- Mahoney Park Dog Run near 84th and Adams streets
- Roper Park East Dog Run, N. 7th and Adams streets
- Rickman's Run, east side of South 70th Street in Holmes Lake Park
- Stransky Dog Run, Peterson Park, 4419 Southwood Dr.
City of Lincoln COVID-19 information
More information is available at covid19.lincoln.ne.gov. Those with questions on the restrictions can call the Health Department at 402-441-8006.
Those who suspect violations should report them to UPLNK either through the phone app or online at UPLNK.lincoln.ne.gov.
Do not call 911 or law enforcement with questions or to report violations.
For more information about COVID-19, visit covid19.lincoln.ne.gov.